Parenting in a Digital World – Meeting September 23
When? September 23 8:15 - 10:15 am.
Where? Taper Auditorium
Clay Cranford will discuss:
- Current impact of bullying in schools
- Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
- Risks associated with popular social media sites
- How to set expectations and consequences
- How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
- Parental controls and privacy settings
- And more…
Hello and welcome to Taper Avenue Elementary & S.T.E.A.M. Magnet. I am very excited to be leading this tremendous school with such a dynamic staff, stellar students, and supportive parents and community members.
Taper Avenue Elementary & S.T.E.A.M. Magnet is a school where students grow and thrive! Our students solve problems, own their actions, achieve, and respect others. It is also a community where we put “KIDS FIRST…every student, every day”.
Our students reach new heights with reading and writing and gain new insight into solving problems. Students learn to work collaboratively in groups and often depend on their peers to help them problem solve. They learn the value of a team and learn to collaborate through the use of technology.
I am so honored to be a part of this school. Thank you to all our staff, parents, and community members who make each day meaningful for the students we serve. Together, we are preparing our students to be leaders in the 21st century.